Thursday, June 28, 2012

Talk About It - Alima Pure Foundation Selector Tool

Any makeup wearer knows how difficult choosing the perfect foundation can be. Shopping for the right match can seem like an impossible task and Alima Pure understands that with mineral foundation in 61 shades it can be hard to narrow it down. They have created a new Foundation Selector Tool, which allows you to find your perfect color. All you have to do is answer a few simple questions and they suggest the shades that are right for you.

After completing the short survey it will bring you to your foundation suggestions, which you can then purchase for $20. You will receive a signature Alima Pure Makeup Bag with 4 to 5 samples of foundation, a coordinating blush sample, and a cruelty-free baby kabuki brush. You will also get a $10 off coupon for their Basic Face Kit that will come in handy when you find the right shade for your skin.


I'm light and peachy with a subtle yellow undertone (don't worry if you're not sure what undertone your skin has because they walk you through the process) so the system picked Beige 2, Beige 3, Olive 0, Olive 1, and Olive 1.5 for me. I received all of the foundations except for Olive 1.5, a finishing powder in Keikio, and a Satin Matte Blush in the shade Bisque, which is described as a soft, earthy pink. I would never have picked these shades for myself but I'm so surprised with how well they work! They actually all look nice on my skin but the Beige 2 blends perfectly into my skin and disappears so I feel like it is the one for me; although it's summer and my skin color is constantly changing despite my use of SPF so maybe in a month or so I'll have to move up to one of the other shades.


All of Alima Pure's products are cruelty free and 100% natural. The Satin Matte foundation applies so easily and feels wonderful and smooth on the skin. Some mineral makeup makes my skin itch but not this one! It wears well and really helps give my skin an even, healthy, and natural look to it.

The bag that the set comes in is absolutely adorable and well made as is the brush. I am completely impressed with the brush! It's so soft and distributes product evenly. The only thing that I'm not completely satisfied with is the blush. It's a lovely color and it is very natural and effortless looking but it's not the type of blush I would normally go for. It does look nice on my skin though but I just prefer a brighter blush.

If you have ever felt too intimidated by their large selection of foundation shades then this tool was made for you! Alima Pure could not have made the process any easier and I'm excited to say that I have met my match. Now it is your turn! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!