Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Talk About It - Green People

I can’t even try to tell you how excited I was when I checked my e-mail one morning and found a message from the Social Media Executive for Green People. I’ve heard a lot about the brand from friends and bloggers from across the pond, and even received several questions about the brand from some of you, but had never tried their products myself.

As I was browsing their website I became even more excited about Green People when I discovered they have an entire range of Neutral Scent Free products for people who, like me, are super sensitive to any type of fragrance. Don’t worry if you do like your products to smell, though, because they have so many different lines! They have so many products I know that each and every one of you could find something, or many things, to fall head over heels for.

Green People is a natural and organic skin care company based in the UK. The brand has been around since 1997 but launched last year in the states. Green People was born out of a Mother’s need to protect her sensitive baby’s skin and grew from there. Their products are vegan and vegetarian friendly as well as cruelty-free. You’ll never spot anything toxic, harsh or artificial on any of their products’ ingredients lists.

I picked out several of their products to try out and I’m so thrilled to be able to share my thoughts with you all. Of course, everything I picked comes from the Neutral Scent-Free line but I feel really good about recommending the brand as a whole.



Let’s first talk about the Neutral Scent Free Shampoo and Conditioner, which I was probably the most eager to try since I’m always on the lookout for gentle hair products that will clean my hair while nourishing my finicky scalp. This duo does just that and also leaves my long, fine strands looking smooth and feeling soft but strong. You need only a small amount of the shampoo and you get a ton of silky, rich lather. The conditioner is on the thinner side but does a great job of hydrating without weighing my hair down. I can even use it on my scalp without any irritation or build-up, which doesn’t always happen with conditioner. Oh, and my tresses look totally shiny and sleek after using this power pair!



Another product I’m always on the hunt for is a mild hand wash that won’t upset the eczema I have on my hands and cause it to flare up and Green People created one that cleanses without drying or causing any irritation. I’ve been exclusively using their Neutral Scent Free Hand Wash and absolutely loving it. It has zero smell and doesn’t bother the skin on my hands at all. I love the packaging, too. All Green People products are packaged simply yet elegantly. I love leaving this soap out on my counter!



I’ve also been testing out the Neutral Scent Free Hand and Body Cream which is ultra rich and beneficial for dry skin. The formula is so rich and wonderful but this isn’t my favorite product of the line. For some reason, this product reacts with my pH in a weird way and ends up smelling odd on me, even though it has no scent. I really like to use this on my feet, though! Slathering some of this on and then putting on a thick pair of socks right out of the shower has been a wonderful treat for my dry feet. I also happen to love the airless pump bottle. It makes getting the right amount of product really easy!



The final Neutral Scent Free product I’ve been using is the Eye Cream. This soothing cream comes in a little lip balm style tube that is easy to use and the formula inside is so smooth and lightweight. It’s hydrating but not heavy! It can be used night or day for smoother, softer skin under your eyes.



And finally, if you’re already thinking about what gifts you want to wrap and put under your tree or stuff in some stockings this Christmas (or anytime, really!) you should check out their limited edition gift sets, like this SOOTHE Facial Trio Set. They have many different sets but this one features three scent free facial products (cleanser, serum, and moisturizer) in a travel-friendly and testable 30ml size.



They also have a range of makeup, which doesn’t seem to be available in the US but I really hope these products do make it stateside one day because they look incredible!

You can learn more about Green People and their product offerings by visiting either their US website or UK website, depending on where you are located. You can also find them on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.

(FTC: These products were sent to me for free for review consideration. I am not being compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.) 

1 comment:

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!