Want to know how you can use coconut oil for beauty purposes? Continue reading to find out.
Hair – Coconut oil provides your hair with the nutrients and protein that it craves, making it an excellent hair product. You can use it in several different ways on your hair.
- Scalp Treatment - You can melt coconut oil so it's in a liquid state and apply it to your scalp as a treatment. It can help with itching or flaking. It's also very moisturizing and leaves your hair shiny. You can put the oil in a bowl and put the bowl into some warm water. It melts very quickly. Massaging your scalp with coconut oil regularly will keep it happy and healthy. Tip – Don't apply this the night before a big event as it can temporarily make your hair a bit greasy looking.
- Leave In Conditioner – This is my favorite! After I get out of the shower, I take some coconut oil, while it is still solid and rub it between my hands to warm it up, and then apply it to my wet hair. I only apply it to the length of my hair, because I tend to get greasy in the roots. It makes my hair so soft and shiny! It also smells really great!
Skin – Coconut oil is so moisturizing, and it's effective for all skin types. Oily, dry, acne prone, or those suffering with skin conditions like eczema – you'll love using coconut oil!
- Hand cream - I like to smother my hands and feet with it after a bath or shower and apply mittens and socks. It heals my cracked, dry feet and hands leaving them soft and smooth! It also works well to soothe and smooth even the most ragged cuticles.
- Eye cream – I'm very picky about eye creams and I have yet to find one that I really, really love. I have very dry under eyes though, so lately I've been applying coconut oil to the area. It's so hydrating and does not irritate or bother my eyes at all.
- Body moisturizer – Try using it all over, instead of your regular bottle of lotion. It's wonderful. I don't know what else to say about this other than its so moisturizing!
- Eye makeup remover – I've been using this to take off my stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara every night. I just take a small amount in my fingers and rub, very gently, across my eye area. It gets every last bit of makeup off without irritating my skin. It also leaves my skin very moisturized.
Lip balm – Coconut oil makes the most amazing lip moisturizer. I've been using this a lot lately and my lips are so smooth. It tastes good too! I highly suggest this to anyone who hates dry, chapped lips. And, don't we all hate that?
Since a little coconut oil can go a very long way a jar will last you a very long time. It's a great investment, in my opinion, and a must have in my house. Like I said earlier you can also use it to cook with!