Tuesday, December 6, 2011

What a Sweet Potato!

I absolutely love Sweet Potatoes! They're one of my favorite foods – mashed, baked, steamed, any way at all! They also happen to be really, really healthy! They are an excellent source of Vitamin A, Beta-Carotene, and antioxidants. They are considered a super food and are definitely a must have in my kitchen. Since I love the way the taste and that fact that they are really great at nourishing the skin I thought today would be the perfect time to share this sweet potato facial mask recipe.


What you need:
2 ounces of mashed sweet potatoes (just steam them, take off their skin, and mash them)
1 tablespoons of oatmeal
1 tablespoon of honey
A dash of nutmeg


Once you've got the ingredients all together all you need to do is mix them together to form a thick paste. Apply the mixture onto your face, neck, and chest after washing with a gentle cleanser. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Make sure to moisturize afterwards (as you should with all treatments). This mask will leave your skin looking and feeling soft and smooth. It will also help new skin cells form. Sweet potatoes aren't just for Thanksgiving anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!