Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Here's Lookin' At You!

I'm obsessed with eye cream! I have such dry undereyes that I have a compulsion to keep them hydrated at all times. Eye cream can get pretty pricey though so I'm pleased to introduce this DIY moisturizing eye gel. This is a very light, yet moisturizing gel that won't irritate the eyes or cause milia (tiny white bumps underneath the eyes that can be caused by heavy products). It's simple to make and although it's very basic, it's effective.

What you need:
¼ cup of aloe vera gel (make sure you get 100% aloe)
1 vitamin E capsule (I love these things!)

Combine the ingredients and store in an airtight jar or other container. This will last for about 3 weeks so it's important to keep the container sealed tightly. If you want your eye gel to have antioxidants you can add 3 drops of green tea extract (which you can buy or make yourself). If you want a cooling eye cream you can add ½ teaspoon of cucumber water (which again you can buy or make by pureeing and straining a whole cucumber). If you add any extras you will need to keep the gel in the fridge.

Here's to youthful looking undereyes! See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!