Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Talk About It - Schmidt's Deodorant

In September of last year I was sent a box of stench stopping all natural, vegan, and cruelty free deodorants from a company called Schmidt's. I tested the deodorants out a couple of times but wasn't very impressed until I picked up the jar again in March. I have been using the Bergamot + Lime version religiously every single day and I don't really know why I didn't really like Schmidt's Natural Deodorant on the first go around but I'm a huge fan now!



Schmidt's creamy deodorant comes in many different scents besides my beloved Bergamot + Lime (which smells so fresh and summery; I would love to have it in the form of a body fragrance as well) like Cedarwood + Juniper, Ylang-Ylang + Calendula, Lavender + Sage and Fragrance Free. I don't really enjoy all of the scents because my sniffer is quite sensitive but I highly recommend the Fragrance Free and Bergamot + Lime.

I have a serious love/hate relationship with natural deodorant. I hate the thought of chemicals being applied to my underarms but nothing I had tried previously had kept me stink free for long enough. One important thing to take note of is that this deodorant (and any natural deodorant for that matter) will not keep you dry. There is no such thing as a natural anti-perspirant and if you think about it why would you want to stop the sweat that helps remove toxins from your body anyway? With that said, this doesn't keep you as dry as you might be used to but I personally don't mind. I think it does a pretty great job and it keeps me smelling great all day and night without having to reapply!



The form of application isn't ideal and is quite possibly the reason I didn't like it originally. You have to scoop some out with your fingers (or a little spatula) and massage it into your underarms. The cream is thick so it takes a few minutes to warm up and spread evenly on the skin. It's not the end of the world though and since the formula is excellent it's worth it.

One last thought - the company is based in my home state of Oregon, which is awesome!

You can purchase Schmidt's Natural Deodorant online or by locating a retailer near you.




1 comment:

  1. Jayanthi ParthasarathyAugust 5, 2015 at 3:47 AM

    stench stopping all natural, vegan, and cruelty free deodorant Wow ! will try this
    am dead scared of using chemical based ones after a health scare

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!