Monday, September 29, 2014

Talk About Hair Care - John Masters Organics Zinc and Sage Shampoo with Conditioner

I'm always on the hunt for a good bottle of shampoo. It's almost embarrassing to talk about how many shampoos I have tried and how many have failed to meet my requirements but I have found one in the past year that I really enjoy. Before I get any further, I would like to mention that I am completely 100% open to hearing your natural shampoo recommendations so feel free to leave a comment on this post or on Facebook. Back to the topic I would like to discuss today – John Masters Organics and their Zinc and Sage Shampoo with Conditioner. I ended up ordering this particular hair cleanser after doing a little research on the World Wide Web and I sure am glad I did!



I have an incredibly sensitive and highly reactive scalp. My roots and on the normal to oily side and my ends are rather dry. All of these things combine to create one very difficult to please head of hair. It typically works like this: If I find something that soothes my scalp it makes my roots overly oily and if I find something that makes my hair look like silk it irritates my scalp until its sore and raw. Or some other combination of those things, but you get the point.

I ordered the Zinc and Sage Shampoo with Conditioner hoping it would cleanse my scalp and hair while soothing the delicate skin on my scalp. I had read mostly good things about the product so I was really excited to test it out. I opened the bottle once it arrived at my doorstep and was completely blown away by the glorious, delicious scent! Never in my life had I ever smelled such a wonderfully fragranced shampoo before, and this is coming from someone who considers "fragrance free" to be her signature scent. It smells like vanilla, butterscotch, and caramel but not in a disgusting sickly sweet kind of way. I wish I could describe just how yummy this scent is!

The scent isn't all that won me over. This shampoo is gentle but cleanses thoroughly. I wouldn't say that it's a 2 in 1 like the "+ conditioner" claim might have you believe but it does make my hair feel decently soft on its own although I almost always follow up with my favorite Desert Essence conditioner. It leaves my hair smelling great throughout the day and I have even received quite a few compliments about how great my locks smell. My scalp stays itch and flake free and my hair seems healthy, shiny, strong and vibrant. My tangles are also easy to manage when I use this shampoo!

I originally thought that this shampoo was nice but not anything super special. I was proven wrong when I stopped using it for a week and my scalp became irritated, sore, and beyond itchy. I went back to using the John Masters Organics and my scalp has gone back to normal. My only complaint is that I wish a single 8 fl ounce bottle wasn't $20. I know there are a lot of hair products that cost a lot more but it still seems a bit pricey. I'll buy another bottle as soon as I run out of this one though and that's a great indication that I really love this stuff!

Have you ever tried this particular shampoo or any other John Masters Organics products?


(FTC: I bought this shampoo with my own money. I am not being compensated for this review. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own and honest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!