I used the same dryer for over 10 years. It was pink and perfect and I absolutely loved it. I remember getting it the day before my family and I went on vacation for spring break in Cabo San Lucas my senior year in high school. We had to drive an hour and a half away to get to the airport and we had an early flight so we stayed the night before and did some shopping at the mall (since we don’t have one in the tiny country town where we live). We got it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. It was around $40 and I remember thinking that was kind of expensive at the time but it lasted so long and was a perfect hair dryer through college and beyond.
Sadly, it passed away in May and at the same time I was offered the chance to test out and possibly review the José Eber QuickShine Infrared Blow Dryer. The timing was ideal and even though I was sad about the death of my beloved dryer, I was so excited to try a new one, especially from a hair genius like José Eber. I’m always trying to incorporate reviews of tools and other beauty related products to the Beautiful Basics roster.
At $160 this particular model isn’t cheap but it works beautifully, leaving my hair dry, soft, and surprisingly luminous. It claims to dry hair at least 50% more quickly than standard dryers and while I haven’t timed my drying process (ever) I can verify that my hair is dried really quickly but gently without any damage. It leaves my strands shiny and smooth.
The unit itself is compact, lightweight, and easy to use. It fits perfectly in my hand and easy use to hold up and handle. I absolutely love the size of this dryer. It’s small but packs a full size punch that can compete with any blow dryer around. It’s also fairly quiet.
Here are some of the advertised features of this blow dryer from their website:
- Far infrared light infuses gentle, healthy heat into the core of the cuticle - not the surface of the hair shaft like traditional blow dryers - providing high shine and smoothness.
- Never feels too hot, the Infrared Blow Dryer emits a cooler heat as it dries, eliminating burns and hot spots to the hair and scalp.
- Quick drying time by 50%. Even with a cooler heat, the QuickShine Dryer dries hair in half the time.
- Four variable speed and heat settings allow great control and adjustment ability for any hair type. Plus, a cool shot button helps set any style.
- Ultra Lightweight design.
- Built with a lightweight D/C motor.
- 1500 watts
(FTC: This product was provided to me free of charge for review consideration. I am not being compensated for this review. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own.)