Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Talk About (Not Green) Cosmetics - Urban Decay Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush

I really love Urban Decay and their Afterglow 8-Hour Powder Blush. They have a total of 16 shades and I have 2 of them. I absolutely adore them both and could probably own them all and be totally smitten with each and every one of them.

I have two of them. Quickie and Video. Please don’t make me pick a favorite.


Quickie looks crazy. Like, really crazy. Especially for someone who is as pale as I am. It’s a matte bright blue-based pink shade that makes me look so healthy. I’m obsessed with these kinds of colors because they end up looking so natural like I’ve been outside all afternoon playing in the snow and making snowmen with Chris Pine, or someone equally as beautiful. Each time I pop a bit of this on the apples of my cheeks I look healthy and fresh and flirty. I love this blush, a lot!


Video is very tame, especially when compared to Quickie. They couldn’t be any more opposite. Video is a matte soft nude shade that leans just the tiniest bit towards rose. It almost looks like a really natural, healthy bronzer and I like to use it as such. I especially like using it on the outer parts of my face and then using Quickie on my apples. Maybe I can describe Video by saying it makes me look like I’ve spent the afternoon on the beach in Bali with Chris Pine on the lounger next to me but I’ve worn SPF, so I’ve only been lightly sunkissed, not sunburned.

You guys… I swear I’m not obsessed with Chris Pine. I don’t know why I keep throwing his name around this review. He is my favorite of the Chris’, though. I don’t know why people like Pratt or Hemsworth most. I obviously like Pine but I also like Evans. I’m sure they’re all nice, though, and that’s what really counts. They all dress up and go visit sick kids in the hospital. I think that’s incredible. Well, I don’t actually know if Pine does but the other 3 are superheroes. Maybe Evans/Captain America is my favorite. Whatever, this post got really weird. I don’t even like superhero movies. Do you have a favorite Chris? Okay, okay, moving on…

These powders are buttery and rich. They feel creamy, somehow. They’re silky and super soft. They are supremely pigmented but go on evenly, never patchy. They last incredibly well. It’s like they have staining capabilities. Both shades I have are matte but they still kind of appear a bit luminous once on the skin. Like they take your actual skin and make you look healthy and lit from within! I don’t even know how to explain it.


As a final touch, they also come in really cool compacts. They look as gorgeous on the outside as the formula actually is on the inside. They're obviously hard to photograph but look very cool in person. They even have little windows that allow the color of the blush to peek through so you can see which one you've grabbed. 

These products are all vegan. Urban Decay has a cool section on their website devoted to their products that are vegan, so it makes shopping easier for those of us worried about animal ingredients. They’re also cruelty-free and free from parabens and anything terrifying and toxic. They might not be green but they are clean enough for me.

Have you tried any Urban Decay products? Have a favorite?

10 comments:

  1. Just Googled Chris Pine :) My God is he good looking !
    Loved these 2 shades esp. the bright pink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that you googled him! :) He is SO pretty!

      Delete
  2. Why do you say Quickie is a " blue-based pink shade " ? Isn't it pink ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question! It is pink but I'm talking about the undertones. Every color has an undertone. If it's cool-toned it can have a blue undertone and if it's warm it will have a golden/olive undertone. This particular blush is a very cool bright pink so it has a blue undertone to it. Think Fuchsia!

      Delete
  3. I love Urban Decay blushes! I may or may not be guilty of having these in every color...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! The formula is so good I can understand why! And the colors, wow! I'm one of those people who can't have a lot of one thing or I get overwhelmed and end up never using any of them (I think that's really weird) but I'm a little jealous!

      Delete
  4. I'm obsessed with urban decay eyeshadow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you have a favorite single or palette from them? They have so many gorgeous ones!

      Delete
  5. Quickie Shade is very nice. I have never tried any UD makeup products, as it’s not easily available in my country,.. :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!