Monday, July 4, 2011

Star Spangled Facial

Happy 4th of July! I'm feeling especially festive today so I came up with a patriotic facial mask recipe to share with all of you.

All you need are strawberries, blueberries and some sour cream. Grab a handful of both berries, around a half of a cup and throw in a tablespoon or two of sour cream.

I'm not giving you specific measurements because some people like thinner masks and others prefer thicker versions. It's totally up to you! Mash the berries with a fork until they are a paste like consistency.

Once you have your mixture all ready, just apply to a clean, dry face and let it sit for 15-20 minutes and then rinse off with warm water.

Blueberries are a superfood that are chocked full of antioxidants, in fact they have the highest known amount. Antioxidants are really amazing for skin because they help fight time and keep skin younger looking and healthier.


Strawberries are also wonderful for our skin because they have a gentle acidic property that helps to exfoliate and rejuvenate skin; this is because the fruit has natural Alpha Hydroxy Acids. This acid is often found in antiaging and acne products.

Sour cream has lactic acid which is a great gentle exfoliator and skin hydrator.

I hope you all have a wonderfully fun and safe Independence Day!

2 comments:

  1. Moisturizer with ceramidesAugust 22, 2011 at 12:01 AM

    Love the title. Catchy! Are you a copywriter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you =)

    I'm not a copywriter, although I think I would love to be. I just have a passion for writing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!