Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Talk About It Tuesday - Goddess Garden

Every year my family and I spend the 4th of July at a big, gorgeous small town park where a classic car show is held in our area. I can honestly say that every year my skin, as well as the skin of my family, turns a not so pleasant shade of red. Sunburns are anything but fun, which is why I'm so excited about todays Talk About It Tuesday featuring Goddess Garden sunscreen.

Goddess Garden makes chemical free sunscreen for the whole family that is 82% organic. It is effective, non-greasy, great smelling (or unscented!), vegan, gluten free, non-comedogenic, paraben free, and is biodegradable as well as reef-safe. It protects skin from harmful UVA/UVB rays and acts as a physical block against them. It's not heavy or sticky feeling at all, which is the number one thing I look for in an SPF. One of the coolest things about their products, in my opinion, is that they start working to prevent skin damaging rays immediately as apposed to the half an hour traditional sunscreens can take.

I have been using both the baby and the kids formulas which are equally amazing for me and my family. The baby formula is perfect for sensitive skin and noses (like I have) because it's completely fragrance free. There is absolutely no odor whatsoever and I'm very happy about that. I absolutely hate the smell of chemical sunscreen so this is a perfect product for me. The kids version has a nice, light lavender scent which both of my parents enjoy. I even like the smell and I'm highly sensitive to fragrance. Their website says that the only difference between the kid and adult variations is the scent; it's lighter in the kid version.

Instead of bad for you chemicals, Goddess Garden uses high quality natural ingredients like shea butter, aloe, zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, as well as lavender. My skin loves all of these ingredients and has not been irritated in the least bit by any of them which is a must for me. My fair skinned Mom and I both used it on a day we spent swimming and it seemed to be very water resistant and lasted through the splashing and playing in the water. It only comes off with soap and warm water in the shower, which is exactly what any good sunscreen should do.

Goddess Garden packages their formulas in either a spray bottle or in a tube. I have tried both. The lotion is wonderful and probably my favorite method of applying my sunscreen but the spray version is nice as well. It's not a fine mist though so you have to spray and rub for the best results, which doesn't bother me much. It is faster and great for on the go. I tend to get sunburned on the tops of my feet so the spray is a great way to reapply.

They even have really amazing UV bracelets that change colors to let you know how strong the suns UV Rays are. Not only are they a very clever idea and a great way to teach kids about the importance of applying sunscreen but they are also adorable! They have cute little ladybugs on them.
I've been testing this out for about a month now and I have not had one sunburn, which is a miracle since I spend so much time outdoors in the warmer months. I'm very scared of skin cancer and wrinkles so I make sure to slather my body daily with SPF. I also have a medical condition that makes me extremely sensitive to the suns rays, which I'm going to talk more about in an upcoming post. I have fallen so in love with Goddess Garden sunscreen products and I think they're stuck with me as a customer from now on.

You can purchase Goddess Garden products online or you can check the locator on their website to find a store selling them near you. Go check them out at http://www.goddessgarden.com/default.aspx or friend them on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/#!/goddessgarden because I just know that you'll love their products as much as I do. My Dad (who was a surfer in Southern California and never wore sunscreen growing up) even loves it and has been wearing it everyday. I hope you found this review helpful. I highly recommend this product! Let me know what you think it you try it. See you tomorrow!




FTC: Goddess Garden was generous enough to send me some of their products for free to test out. A big thank you goes out to them! All opinions are my own.

2 comments:

  1. Hi I was wondering, does the sunblock(s) leave any white of blue-ish residue on the skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. KassieOfBeautifulBasicsMarch 6, 2014 at 7:13 PM

    Hi there! I'm very fair and I find that it does leave a slight white cast. Most, if not all, natural sunscreens do thanks to the Zinc. If you're worried about white cast you might want to check out a tinted version!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!