Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Talk About It - Honey Girl Organics

Happy Talk About It Tuesday! I hope all of you beauties are doing well on this fine summer day!
I've been day dreaming a lot lately about a trip that I'm planning for next June. I'm really excited about this trip because it will be my first time on the lovely islands that make up Hawaii. I can't wait to sit on the beach and drink a virgin pina colada while digging my toes into the sand. Since it's still a year away I needed something to add into my daily routine that reminded me of what is to come on my Island getaway, which is where today's products come into the picture.

Honey Girl Organics (www.honeygirlorganics.com) is a company that is based in Haleiwa, Hawaii. They have a wide selection of natural and organic beauty products which are filled with the best ingredients they can find, with no chemicals or artificial preservatives. Each and every product they create and sell is made with only edible ingredients because they believe that you should only put on your body what you would be willing to put into your body and I couldn't agree with them more.

One of the founders of the company kept bees as a hobby which led him to create crèmes using honey and beeswax for his wife. Honey Girl Organics uses honey, beeswax, pollen and propolis in their products and combines the beehive ingredients with olive oil. Bee ingredients are great antioxidants, anti-inflammatory, collagen stimulators, as well natural humectants and emollients that provide the skin with the vitamins and minerals it needs. Olive oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and fatty acids. Mix these two types of ingredients together and what you get is skincare gold.

First and foremost – the packaging is so gorgeous and of such high quality! I'm stunned by the beautiful jars they come in. Okay, let's start dishing about the actual products now.

I'm going to talk about the most interesting product I have ever tried first. I use the word interesting because I'm at an absolute loss of words when it comes to describing the facial scrub. I have never used anything that is even a little bit similar to this product. It's absolutely fantastic! It smells wonderful and it leaves my skin feeling unbelievably soft and smooth. I was actually giddy after the first time I used this scrub because it's so unique and incredible. It has only 8 ingredients including aloe, coconut butter, cane sugar, honey, diatomaceous earth, papaya and pineapple enzymes and essential oil – all of which are organic.



It has a thick, granular consistency that you massage onto a slightly damp face. You can add more water to adjust the level of exfoliation you desire. Massage in small circles all over face, but be sure to avoid the eye and mouth area since they are more delicate and sensitive. Rinse with lukewarm water, and use a washcloth to remove the extra scrub that may be remaining.

I can't even describe how much face feels when I'm done. It feels softer and more silky than ever, and that's not an over exaggeration. You have to try it for yourself because I wasn't kidding when I said I was at a loss for words. You'll just have to take my word when I say it's incredible. I use this 1-2 times a week depending on my exfoliation needs.

After I'm done exfoliating I apply the Extra Sensitive Face and Eye Crème. They have a regular version as well, but I always gravitate towards sensitive formulations. This crème is great because it allows you to combine two steps into one. I've never really understood why many companies sell separate face crèmes and an eye crème, so it's awesome that Honey Girl Organics has made a product that it both an eye and a face crème in one. This product has an all-star ingredient list including extra virgin olive oil, Hawaiian purified water, beeswax, raw pupukea wildflower honey, bee pollen, propolis, royal jelly and d-alpha vitamin E.



This product really makes my skin feel hydrated and healthy without feeling heavy or greasy. I also feel like it plumps up my skin and make it look more youthful. I am only 24 but I'm starting to see myself aging and developing some very fine lines around my eyes so I feel like this is really helping my skin look younger. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and I'm really enjoying it. I think it's so luxurious! Oh, and a little bit goes a very long way!

I forgot to mention above that all of their products are cruelty-free and noncomedogenic, and their customer service is top notch. These products would suit just about anyone and everyone. I love them, especially the facial scrub if you couldn't tell by my rambling! Go check them out today because I know you'll really enjoy them as well! See you tomorrow!

 FTC: Honey Girl Organics sent me these products free of charge to test and possibly review. I am not being compensated to write this review and all thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!