Thursday, October 20, 2011

Talk About It - Waxelene

Beauties, I'm madly and passionately in love with a superb product called Waxelene. Never in my life have I been more impressed with a beauty product, and that is saying a lot. Waxelene is a petroleum jelly substitute (cute play on the name, right?) that I'm literally obsessed with.

In the past I always had to have a jar of Vaseline handy, but upon reading the label and embarking upon my green journey I have retired the petroleum jelly from being a staple. This is where Waxelene comes in handy – it works for everything you would use the other stuff for but it's 100% natural with only organic soybean oil, beeswax, vitamin e oil, and organic rosemary oil.


Waxelene was born out of experience in resource conservation and organic foods, as well as a life-long commitment to health and the environment in addition to a desire to be more sustainable every day. The company uses only recyclable glass jars, natural and organic ingredients, and energy efficient practices. They believe in simple, natural and organic ingredients that are beneficial. Waxelene is completely eco-friendly, biodegradable, and cruelty free.

My addiction to this stuff is completely justified by how amazing it is. You can use this product for so many different reasons – I can't even begin to cover the entire list. I especially love this on my lips, and I cover them each and every night with it before bed. I wake up with the most supple and smooth looking lips that feel soft and healthy. You can also use this for moisturizing feet, body, hands, cuticles, face, eye lashes, and anywhere else you need a little moisturize. It's not at all greasy and it's even water and sweat resistant.

Anyone and everyone can benefit from this product in some way; if you are a Mommy, this would make an excellent baby balm for diaper rash or irritation and if you're an outdoorsy type of person you can use this to protect your skin from wind and sun burn. Beauty junkies can even use this on cheekbones to add a dewy highlighted look and on lids for a glow, which is something I have been doing often. It even functions as a makeup remover!

Here is a neat little beauty trick - If you want to turn a mineral shadow or old crumbled cosmetic into a cream makeup, all you need to do is mix the powder with a little Waxelene. When you combine the two you'll have a brand new cream eye shadow, blush, or gloss.

I highly suggest you check Waxelene out for yourself. You won't be sorry! The Beauty Editor of Lucky Magazine even loves this stuff as well as celebrity makeup artists. The 2 oz jar only costs $6.99 so it's a worthwhile and affordable investment. You can purchase Waxelene online here  or you can find a retail location near you by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!