Friday, July 20, 2012

Talk About It - July 2012 Yuzen Box

Ted and Jen, husband and wife have created a new kind of monthly subscription service; a service dedicated to reconnecting with the quiet, peaceful and wise place inside of each and every one of us. Yuzen (which gets it's name from Chiyogami, a Japanese paper that is included in each month's box) is all about natural and/or organic and eco-friendly products that are good for your skin, body, home and peace of mind.

 Even though this one costs a little bit more than other subscription boxes, ringing in it at $26 a month, the contents of each Yuzen box is valued at $60 or more. Many of the featured products inside Yuzen boxes are deluxe sample sized or full-sized and are carefully chosen after being evaluated for a number of different qualities. The Yuzen website states, "We evaluate its performance, experience the benefits first hand, and then we share our favorites. The selected companies are the highest of quality, transparent in mission, and beautiful."


 July's box was filled with an assortment of wonderful goodies for the home, complexion, and taste buds, with a value of $79, including products from Primavera, Lotus Wei, Himala Salt, PeopleTowels, Kopali Organics, and Teatulia.


Primavera's Revitalizing Facial Scrub is the product I was most excited to discover upon opening my Yuzen Box. This product is full sized and retails for $28. It's a really gentle yet effective exfoliating cleanser. It leaves skin feeling so silky, smooth, and clean without stripping or damaging the skin. It's completely natural, pure and healthy!

From Lotus Wei were three glass vials of their mists in Infinite Love Mist, Quiet Mind Mist, and Joy Juice Mist. Joy Juice is absolutely divine and hands down my favorite although all three are nice.

Also included was a 1.8 oz shaker of HimalaSalt Himalayan Pink Salt, which I have tried before. I'm a salty kind of girl and I really like this one. I had run out of it so I'm glad to have more!

PeopleTowels are a really great eco-friendly company that created an alternative to paper towels. I had heard of this company before but after receiving one of their towels in my Yuzen box I'm even more interested. They use lightweight fabric and eco-friendly dyes while encouraging people to create less waste. They are a very cool company with a really cool product.

Like I mentioned, I have more of a "salt-tooth" than a sweet-tooth but I do like dark chocolate so I was intrigued by the Kopali Organics Dark Chocolate Covered Mulberries. I had never had a Mulberry before so I wasn't sure what to expect but these are so yummy! My entire family likes these and I can't wait to get my hands on more.

The final products included in this month's Yuzen Box were a couple of bags of tea from Teatulia in Organic Lemongrass Herbal Infusion Tea and Organic White Tea. I really dislike lemongrass so I'm not going to try that one but I do love white tea so I'm excited to test that one out.

If you're interested in learning more about the company you can visit their website. You can also order your own Yuzen box by clicking here. Overall, Yuzen is an innovative and eco friendly company offering a sampling of a wide variety of products. It is well worth a second look. Visit them on their website or Facebook today!

(FTC: The company generously provided me with the July box for review consideration. I am not being compensated to write this review. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own and honest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!