Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Lip Lovers Series - Lip Balm

Lip balm is something that is an absolute must have in my life. I get such dry lips and I can't stand the feeling that accompanies flakes and chapped skin. I'm extremely picky when it comes to lip balm and I try so many that don't work for me. It's always a nice surprise when I find a lip balm that I really love and today I want to share my top 5 lip balms with you.

Keep in mind that I have liked a lot of lip balms in the past but these 5 are my current favorites.



EcoLips has an awesome selection of lip balm and I got the chance to work with them a few years ago. You can check out my review by clicking here. I was in my favorite grocery store a couple of months ago and saw a box of Medicinal Lip Balm and the simple packaging caught my eye. This particular balm is marketed for cold sores but I have taken to using it every single night before bed. It has an earthy tea tree scent but no noticeable taste. It feels incredibly soothing and nourishing on my lips and makes an immediate difference. It has been a miracle worker this winter and I'm so glad I have it in my arsenal. I will be purchasing another tube soon.

The Theraneem Naturals Neem Stick Lip Therapy is a hard product for me to describe. I absolutely hate the scent and flavor. It reminds me of minty chicken bullion. I'm a vegetarian but I am familiar with the scent. It's disgusting. I actually think I don't like the natural scent of Neem because I have noticed this gross scent in a lot of products listing it in their ingredients. So, you're probably wondering why this product is being included on my favorites list when I hate the scent so much. The formula works wonders on irritated and raw lips. It does an excellent job at healing and protecting lips. I can get past the scent because the stuff in the tube is brilliant.

My old trusty MoistStic obviously had to be included in this list. If you've been following Beautiful Basics for a few years you have heard me talk about this stuff a lot. I even have an individual review for this balm. I actually don't use it as much as I used to thanks to the lip balms I talked about above but I do still really enjoy this one. Here is the link to the review.

As far as plain and simple lip balms go I really love the Booda Butter Naked Lip Balm. I always keep a tube of this in my wallet since it comes in a cool kind of flat tube. It is the perfect essential lip balm since it hydrates and moisturizes without any extra frills. It is truly unscented, flavor-free, moisture infusing, and gentle on my ultra sensitive lips. Click here to check out my review.

Portland Bee Balm is a dry lip balm meaning it does not have a very wet or slippery formula, nor does it leave lips looking shiny. I absolutely love wearing it under lipstick since it acts as a primer. It lasts a very long time and helps hydrate and protect lips. Here is the link to my full review.

Do you have a favorite lip balm? Share your must haves with me! I'd love to check them out!

1 comment:

  1. Jayanthi ParthasarathyAugust 5, 2015 at 3:29 AM

    superb review - neem is used as anti-septic in India - have a tree growing in my back-yard

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!