Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Talk About Cosmetics - Kosås Cosmetics (Part 2!)

In February I was lucky enough to get to try Kosås Cosmetics and when I shared my review (here) I told how in love with the line I was. Well, flash forward to today and I’m even more smitten with this beautiful range thanks to their four recently launched additions to the collection. Kosås  Cosmetics now has an all-star roster of eight easy to wear and ultra flattering lipsticks.

These eight MVLs (most valuable lipsticks) are made in small, handmade batches in Los Angeles, and are cruelty free and beautifully formulated to be creamy, yet weightless as well as hydrating, long-wearing and pretty much perfect; I mean these are seriously dreamy. I couldn’t have dreamed up a more perfect lipstick if I tried with all my might. Bonus, they smell (and taste) really nice!


My ridiculously sensitive and reactive lips are left nourished and feeling really moisturized. Each one of these magic little lip bullets feels like a really luxurious lip balm with a gorgeous color that will suit anyone and everyone. These are not your typical lipsticks and are very low maintenance, easy to apply and wear, and each shade does something really wonderful; somehow each shade is really wearable and looks great once applied. Each shade perks up my complexion and makes me look and feel perfectly put together without feeling like I’m over the top.
Stardust is described as a sheer neutral nude with pink and brown undertones with a hydrated finish. This is the perfect warm weather nude shade and I’ve been wearing it a lot with bronze tones for the perfect sun kissed look. This might be my perfect pinky nude shade and it has become my daily go-to! I’m not sure if this one or Rosewater is my ultimate favorite. It amps up my natural lips and makes them look plump and really healthy. Love it!

Thrillest is described as a full-coverage and semi-matte playful poppy red with a bright orange lean. This shade is so much fun! It’s perfect for summer because it’s vibrant, warm, and totally eye-catching. It’s a lot brighter than it appears on first glance and makes me look so perky and alive! I do like to sort of sheer it out a bit, though, since the color is so opaque.
Royal is described as a full-coverage and semi-matte warm, modern purple. The thought of purple on my lips has always scared me a bit and I thought I wouldn’t really like Royal very much. This shade, however, surprised me. It is a beautiful shade that looks sort of like a purple mauve once applied and I really like it!
Electra is described as a full-coverage and semi-matte luscious rasberry red with cool neutral undertones. This one is a boldly bright but wearable that looks super fun and flirty. I like to apply a thin layer of this particular lipstick and then blend it out with my finger for a softer stain-like look.

I am nothing short of impressed and head over heels in love with Kosås Cosmetics and all eight of their stunning shades. I reach for one of these square black tubes of luscious lipstick more than any other product and I can’t recommend them enough to you. I can promise you that you’ll love them just as much as I do, because there’s nothing in the formula or the shade range that isn’t lovable.

You can learn more about the brand by visiting their website. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

(FTC: These products were sent to me for free for review consideration. I am not being compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.) 

2 comments:

  1. I love every one of these lipstick shades. You look good with all of them. too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful lip colors! I would love to try each and every one of them. Although I have never heard of the brand before I absolutely loved your review, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!