Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Talk About Cosmetics - bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream

I’ve been using the bareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream for about 2 years now and I’m not really sure why I’ve never talked about it before. Since I have dry skin this particular product has been really great for me since it’s super moisturizing but also provides some nice coverage with the added bonus of SPF 30.



I’m such a fan of this formula because it’s extremely hydrating while also being lightweight. The gel cream has such a cool consistency because it’s silky smooth and feels kind of watery but creamy. Weird description, I know. The formula also feels very cooling, which I love. I find that the coverage is sheer but can be built up for more coverage and it has a gorgeous dewy finish that makes skin look super radiant, plumped up and supple. I love the amount of glow it gives my very parched skin, as it’s not something that any other foundation really gives me. I think this product is absolutely perfect for normal to dry skinned folks and I really don’t think oily skinned guys and gals will be fans.

It’s super easy and quick to apply because it blends seamlessly into the skin and looks so natural and beautiful. You can wear it alone or layer it with other products. I feel like it’s nice on its own but also makes a great base layer for other products since it acts almost like a primer. Since it’s so hydrating it does a great job of smoothing the skin and evening out texture. I will say that I don’t use this as just a sunscreen, though. I find that it is too dewy for kayaking or hiking for me. I just use this as makeup. I think it also wears really well throughout the day, although I don’t think it would get a gold star from somebody wanting their makeup to last through any activity for a very long time. It lasts me all day but I’m only ever wearing makeup for a maximum of 8 or so hours.

I actually have 3 shades that I mix and match depending on the time of year and how much sun I have (or haven’t) seen. Vanilla 02 is my perfect winter shade while Buttercream 03 is my base summer color. I also have Natural 05 which I add in for a touch warmth or when I’m a bit darker than normal.



If you have dry or dehydrated skin I highly recommend you check out this makeup equivalent of a cool drink of water; Lame comparison but truly accurate. I’m a huge fan and have no doubt that I’ll continue using this magical stuff for a very long time. You can find this little gem at anywhere bareMinerals is sold like Sephora, Ulta, Macy's, Nordstrom, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!