Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Talk About It - Splurge Skincare

I've never mentioned that I have a deep affection for teachers (my mom is one) and you already know that I adore natural beauty products so it's only natural that I'm in love with Splurge Skincare! Splurge is a natural skincare line created by two friends who are both teachers in Massachusetts. Their line consists of three types of products including a body scrub (or The Rub), Lip Buttah, and limited edition Sugarcubes.

The idea to start Splurge sprung from a Christmas gift – a homemade body scrub. Both women are self professed beauty junkies who wanted to create their own line of products that were effective and free of harmful toxins and chemicals. They taught during the day and researched, experimented, and tested after work and on the weekends before they finally created a product they could be proud of. They came up with the name Splurge because they believe in pampering yourself on a daily basis.


A lot of companies offer body scrubs of some sort but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I have never tried one as amazing as The Rub. This scrub, which is sugar based, has a very unique texture and consistency. It's fluffy and light but moisturizing and exfoliating. It almost feels like a mousse to me in the jar but it's solid and granular. I don't even know how to describe the amazing-ness of this product!

Christine and Kara, the women behind the brand, were so generous and sent me two jars of this – one in almond and the other in peppermint. It is also available in lemon. My Mother promptly stole the almond version (she always helps me test and review the good products) and I kept the peppermint for myself. Both of us absolutely adore this scrub. Both smell delicious and leave my skin feeling so smooth and fresh. The scrub is neither too rich nor oily or too light. It imparts the perfect amount of moisture, leaving skin feeling healthy and looking glowy. It leaves a light and yummy scent behind on my skin and I can't get enough!

They also sent me a Lip Buttah in Lemon. I love lip balms of all kinds and this one feels really nice on the lips and imparts long lasting moisture but I'm not a big fan of this particular lemon scent. The formula really is lovely though. It's not greasy, sticky, or too heavy; it's just right!

I love Splurge and I highly recommend that you check them out. Even celebrities like Leonardo DiCaprio, Drew Barrymore, Alicia Silverstone, Orlando Bloom, Jake Gyllenhaal, Josh Hartnett, Ellen Degeneres and many more are getting in on the Splurge movement. Splurge products are being included in the Earth Day in Hollywood gift bags.

If you want to pamper yourself or learn more visit Splurge online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!