Friday, May 4, 2012

Berry Body Scrub

Let's continue with the strawberry trend from the other day with a recipe for a strawberry body scrub that is delectable and perfect for pampering yourself or a loved one with. It's so simple and easy to make and use.

What you need:
10 big, ripe strawberries
2 tablespoons of your favorite skin friendly oil (I really like olive and grape seed for body scrubs)
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of brown sugar



Blend the strawberries and oil together to make a liquid but keep in mind that it's okay if there are still some chunks of berry left. It doesn't need to be totally liquefied. Pour into a bowl and add the sea salt and brown sugar. I really love to use both sea salt and brown sugar when making a scrub because the different sized granules are really effective at sloughing off dead skin cells.

I always use scrubs on damp skin, but everyone is different. I especially love this one for my hands and feet but it works great on arms and legs too. If you have any of your mixture left you can store it in an airtight container for about a week.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!