Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Creamy Berry Facial

Strawberries are superheroes when it comes to nourishing skin and fighting acne. They also happen to be one of my favorite fruits (actually, one of my favorite foods in general!). I took my first steps for a ripe, red strawberry and now in addition to eating them regularly, I use them to supplement my skin care routine. Strawberries are in season and perfect for the picking right now so it's a terrific time to share a berry great facial mask.

Since strawberries have a natural type of salicylic acid in them they are perfect for those of you with oily or acne prone skin, but they're also beneficial for normal skin. They help soften, exfoliate, and brighten the skin. You can use them on their own or you can mix up a batch of the following facial mask:

What you need:½ cup of fresh strawberries (this is around 3-5 berries)
1 tablespoon of plain yogurt (I like Greek yogurt for my skin)
2 teaspoons of honey

You can either use a blender to mix the ingredients with a fork to mash them. You should end up with a consistency similar to a smoothie. Apply on your clean face and let your skin soak up the nutrients for 20 minutes before rinsing off with warm water.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!