Thursday, April 23, 2015

Talk About Cosmetics - Pacifica


Pacifica
is an excellent natural beauty brand for so many reasons. They are a cruelty free company who specializes in creating affordable and healthy vegan products that are highly effective and luxurious but available in stores like Target and Ulta. I can also find their products at my local Fred Meyer so I often find myself in front of their display trying to pick which products I need to add to my collection. I seem to be constantly adding products from their line into my beauty arsenal so I figured it was time to talk about Pacifica.

My first experience with Pacifica was several years ago when my Mom gave me a Hawaiian Ruby Guava candle and body butter. As many of you might know, I really love unscented things but even then I still fell really hard for the glorious, tropical, fruity fragrance. The candle was particularly awe-inspiring. Fast forward a few years and many of their cosmetics have become beloved treasures in my makeup drawers.

Their products all have a scent but the most surprising thing is that it doesn't bother me at all. If you're a regular reader of my blog than you know how very sensitive to any kind of scent I am but the Pacifica fragrance is something I actually enjoy. I think it's a bit odd to apply strongly scented makeup to my face but I don't mind it, although it is something to be cautious of if you're also very sensitive. Many of their products also pack quite a shimmery punch so if you don't like shimmer keep that in mind.

I am totally obsessed with Pacifica lip products and their Devocean Deeply Devoted Natural Lipsticks in particular. I only have two of their shades but I adore them. I have Tenderness, a lovely and creamy my lips but better shade that makes my lips look lush and full, and Rebel Sol, a bright and cheerful coral color perfect for the warmer months. My lips are incredibly sensitive so I have to be careful about what I apply on them but these lipsticks are gentle, hydrating, and comfortable to wear. The color lasts quite a long time and wears well. I also love the long tube format and how easy they are to apply. I also have one of their Color Quench Lip Tints in the color Sugared Fig. The scent is divine and while it doesn't provide much color it does add a nice touch of something special to the lips. It is a bit on the drier side so I like to layer it with a lip balm but it's a nice, easy go to product for me.

I've talked about the Dreamlit Illuminating Under Eye Brightener in Dreamlight a few times on Beautiful Basics and for good reason – it's a miracle in a tube. Seriously! It's one of my holy grail products and I have a feeling I'll always have a tube on hand. I have some dark and heavy baggage under my eyes and this creamy product leaves me looking bright-eyed, heavy, and well rested. It also never settles into my fine lines so it's a winner all around. I love the Under Eye Brightener so much that I decided to purchase their Transcendent Concentrated Correcting Concealer in Light as well. It's a bit on the drier side so I have to be careful about applying this only to well hydrated skin but it does a fantastic job of concealing and correcting my skin leaving me looking even all over. It's also the perfect color for me!

The Ultra CC Cream Radiant Foundation with SPF 17 provides light coverage and helps even out my skin. It's lightweight, smells great, and wears beautifully all day. I can get away with wearing it on it's own but those of you who prefer heavy coverage should look elsewhere or you can layer it with another foundation.

My latest purchase is the Perfect Lotus Universal Powder in Light and it's another winner. I absolutely love the packaging and the powder itself is so soft and smooth. The Light color is perfect for me! I've been having issues with wearing powder for a few months now but there is something magical about this one because it never looks dry or heavy on the skin and instead is almost hydrating. It's the perfect setting powder!

As for the Smolder Eye Lining Gel in Anchor and the Natural Eye Pencil in Bare (not pictured) I can't say that I'm very smitten with either of them. The Eye Pencil in Bare is a creamy colored pencil that goes on smoothly but tends to irritate my eyes a bit. I chalk it up to the fact that I have extremely sensitive eyes when it comes to liner. I do like using it under my brows though. The Smolder Eye Lining Gel is beyond shimmery, which I don't love, and a bit of an odd color on me so it's not necessarily a bad product but it's not the right product for me.

As for my Pacifica wish list I really want to pick up their Power of Love Coconut Infused Mineral Eye Shadow Palette, Love 3 Natural Mineral Coconut Eye Shadow TrioPower of Love Natural Lipstick in Nudie Red, Coconut Kiss Creamy Lip Butter in Shell, and Aquarian Gaze Water-Resistant Long Last Mineral Mascara in Black. You read about my favorites and which products I'm coveting and now I want to know which Pacifica products you love or which ones you're interested in trying!

To learn more about Pacifica and their products you can check out their website by clicking here. You can also find them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. If you want to find a retailer near you can use this locator.

(FTC: I purchased these products with my own money. I am not being compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions, as always, are my own and honest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!