Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Talk About Cosmetics - Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner Trio

I love lip products. In fact, I think lipstick might be my favorite type of cosmetic. Actually, I don’t know about that because it’s too hard to choose just one favorite but I really do adore lipstick. I think there is something so wonderfully transformative about a swipe or two of a flattering lipstick applied to the lips. It’s like magic, or like the icing on top of a cake, or maybe the cherry on top of a hot fudge sundae

Anyway, enough with the weird metaphors (I guess I have food on the brain) because I’ve got the Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioner Trio on the agenda for today and it’s a good one so let’s get started!



My parents got me this for my birthday. I found it on Anthrpologie.com and put it on my wish list. When I opened it on my special day it made me smile because it’s even better in person that I thought it would be! These are the smallest and cutest little lippies I have ever seen!



I’m a huge fan of Ilia and have done a review on Beautiful Basics in the past (you can find that here) and a couple of years ago my Mom surprised me with Shell Shock which became my absolute favorite lip product of life. I love their Tinted Lip Conditioners so this set was a match made in beauty heaven for me!

I have a secret to tell you, I’ve never finished an entire lipstick before it goes bad so this size is a dream come true! This set comes with 3 of their Tinted Lip Conditioners that are miniaturized down to an adorable 1.4 gram (or .04 ounce) size. They’re perfectly portable and can fit in your smallest clutch or your tightest jean pocket.



It’s important to note that the lipsticks are housed in plastic tubes instead of the classic Ilia metal but that doesn’t bother me. As for the shades, you get Blossom Lady, Bang Bang, and Arabian Knights in the box. Let’s take a minute to talk about how beautiful the box itself is. It’s sturdy and beautiful with its pink and rose gold aesthetic. Back to the colors inside the box, though, which are all so pretty.

Blossom Lady is a gorgeous pink shade, perfect for daily wear. It’s such a pretty pink color that looks very feminine and soft. Bang Bang is a classic, but easy to wear, red that is absolutely gorgeous. Arabian Knights is a buildable berry shade that is super flattering on.

Top Left: Arabian Knights   Top Right: Bang Bang
Bottom Left: Blossom Lady


The Ilia Tinted Lip Conditioners are a really cool hybrid product. They are super nourishing and hydrating on the lips so they feel like a lip balm but they pack a pretty punch of color that is more reminiscent of a lipstick. The colors are effortless and can be applied for a sheer wash of color or built up for a more intense and opaque look. They are truly versatile!

As with all Ilia products, these little babies are cruelty-free, gluten-free and made with certified organic ingredients. They’re beautiful, nontoxic, and so fun to wear! This set is a winner in my book! Thanks, Mom and Dad!

Have you tried any products from Ilia? Do you have a favorite? 
Let me know in the comments below!

2 comments:

  1. really nice shades

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review Kassie!

    I relate to your point about not finishing a full size lipstick - sometimes the minis make more sense from that point of view (plus they take us so little space in your purse)!

    Just to add to your point about these tinted lip conditioners being organic and cruelty free, I had a quick look at the ingredients.. and I’m really impressed! No carmine (crushed bugs) or lanolin oil (sheep glands) - great for those looking to go more natural or vegan!

    For any readers looking to go natural (or vegan), we recently posted a piece exposing some lipstick ingredients to avoid. Plus, we discuss future lipstick innovations that will be particularly appealing for green beauty fans!
    https://makeupscholar.com/what-lipstick-made-of/

    Thanks again for the great review,

    Laura.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!