Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Talk About Hair Care - My Hair Dance

As much as I like to try different products I’m actually very set in my hair care ways and hate experimenting because I rarely like anything that goes on my scalp or strands. The reason is because my scalp is so sensitive. It’s actually stupid how sensitive it is, seriously. I’ve been using Desert Essence’s Fragrance-Free Shampoo for years because it doesn’t cause any irritation and is truly unscented but I’ve been using My Hair Dance and have really been enjoying some of the products from their line. 

The Nature’s Treatment Shampoo is my absolute favorite product from the brand. This shampoo is really exhilarating, refreshing, and revitalizing. It stimulates hair follicles and greatly improves scalp health while still being very gentle. It’s a bit of thin formula that doesn’t lather much (although, no natural shampoo should lather very much) but spreads easily through the hair. It feels very cooling and tingly, which always makes me think it’s doing some serious work. The shampoo itself has a strong yet pleasant peppermint scent (the only smell I can handle and actually enjoy) but once you rinse it out there is no residual smell left behind. I’ve found that it’s helped my itchy scalp so much and make my hair really soft, shiny, and smooth. I don’t even need to follow up with conditioner. I adore this stuff!

It is a treatment shampoo so you do need to let it sit on your scalp for 2 minutes. You also need to be sure to shake the bottle before each use. My tip for all treatment shampoo is to do a quick preliminary wash and then apply more and let it sit. This way it can penetrate down to the scalp without any oil getting in the way. My finicky scalp is doing a lot better than it has in a very long time so I’m very pleased with the results.


I’ve also been enjoying the Hair and Root Stimulator but I have to tell you upfront that I haven’t been using it as per the directions. This spray is made to promote healthy hair growth and boost the scalp's blood circulation. I’ve been using it as a treatment leading up to a shower instead of using it after a shower because of the strong, although not unpleasant, scent. I spray it on and leave it for an hour or two before I hop in the shower and rinse it out. You’re meant to use it after shampooing or overnight but it’s too strongly scented for me. I really enjoy the cooling and tingly way it makes my scalp feel. I’ve noticed much less itchiness and flakiness since I’ve started using it.



The other product I’ve been using is the Rejuvenating Hair Oil, which can be used in several different ways. It’s a blend of Walnut, Argan, Avocado, Wheat Germ, Coconut, Grapeseed oils and Shea Butter that smells like almond and reminds me of school Jergens lotion; a scent that is nice and light. I like to use this stuff as a sort of leave in conditioner/frizz fighter/shine enhancer/heat protector. I apply a very small amount to my ends and voila, soft, shiny hair. It makes my hair feel strong and healthy. You can also use it as an oil treatment for a deep conditioning effect.

They also offer an Ultra-Light Instant Conditioning Spray, Moisture and Strength Conditioner, and Silky Touch Dry Shampoo. Both the conditioner and conditioning spray have lemongrass and there is no scent I dislike more than lemongrass so I haven’t used either product but I do intend to take the Silky Touch Dry Shampoo camping with me this summer so I’ll keep you updated on that.

My Hair Dance products are very affordable, something that is often difficult to find in the natural beauty world. The products are cruelty-free and formulated with healthy, beneficial ingredients. If you’ve got scalp issues, like me, I think you might really enjoy the range. You can learn more about the brand and their products by visiting their website.

(FTC: These products were sent to me for free for review consideration. I am not being compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!