Thursday, March 27, 2014

Beauty Cabinet and Makeup Storage

If you're interested in how I store my makeup then you have come to the right place. I'm not going to go into great detail because I just want to share the creative way I jazzed up some ugly plastic storage containers.



Take note, this took some time. I measured the inside face of the drawers (one of which is a Sterilite mini 3 drawer and the other is a mini 5 drawer both picked up at my local Fred Meyer, or Kroger as it is called in other parts of the country) with my tiny tape measure, picked out some super cute scrapbooking paper, and got to work cutting. The paper I chose is a light blue/turquoise color with pretty glitter in it and it was a bit hard to cut and then it was a pain because it didn't want to stay in the drawers so I had to tape it inside. I just used plain white paper on the sides. I lined the inside of the drawers with a waffle textured shelf liner to keep products from slipping and sliding.



I have each drawer organized by category and arranged in the order I would use the products. I don't think I'm going to go inside the drawers. Maybe we'll save that for another day if anyone is interested. This diagram will show you where I store things:



My Dad, who is so talented and creative, made me the brush holder. It's made of wood. He spray painted the white parts and then glued my chosen paper to the sides. I have it filled with brown rice (although white would work the same way) to keep my brushes standing up.



I can't tell you how to make it because I'm not handy like my Dad but I did make my Mom one by taking a wide mouthed vase she loves and filling it with rice. You can really get creative with brush holders. You can use anything! Mason jars, vases, bowls, tins, boxes, whatever you think is pretty that can hold your brush collection! The possibilities are endless.

How do you store your makeup and your brushes? Do you love your setup? Share a photo with me on Facebook. I'm nosy and would love to see!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Kassie for these ideas! Just what I was looking for to try and organise my two daughter's. Their make up is all over the place. The container for your brushes filled with rice is a great idea. I'm off to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KassieOfBeautifulBasicsApril 3, 2014 at 11:40 PM

    That's so awesome Angie! You have to share when you're finished! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!