Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Hydration is Key



I'm writing something a little bit different today since it's not technically about beauty although it is a huge factor in any beauty routine. I'm talking water. That's right, water. Water is vital for healthy skin. I'm a strong believer that the more water you drink the better your skin will look. I'm a waterholic and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I drink SO much water and by so much I mean at the very minimum I drink at least half my weight in ounces of water every single day although I aim for a gallon. Being hydrated makes me feel so much better in general and I can instantly see a difference in my skin when I haven't had enough.

I drink out of glasses but drinking from my Life Factory bottles is my most beloved and revered way of satiating my need and desire for water. I have two, a 22 ounce with a classic cap that I won a couple of years ago in a blog giveaway that I entered and the other is the 16 ounce with a flip top that I received as a gift this year for Christmas. I'm even planning on putting a smaller size bottle, maybe the 12-ounce with a flip cap, on the wish list for my birthday, which is coming up in April.

You may be thinking to yourself, "Self, what exactly are these Life Factory bottles she is talking about?" They're amazing, that's what. No, I'm not being paid to write this review, nor does the company even know about me and my water addiction or my little beauty blog. They are essentially just glass bottles with a silicone sleeve and a lid or cap, but they are eco-friendly and life changing. I fill mine up over and over again and take them everywhere with me. They're dishwasher friendly and durable!

I used to drink out of plastic water bottles (which contain cancer causing BPA and are super bad for the environment) but have switched completely to Life Factory. I refill my bottles several times every day so I'm being cost effective and doing my part to save the planet. Did you know that the US, alone, consumes 1500 plastic water bottles per second and 80% of those bottles end up in landfills even though there are recycling programs? Plastic is not biodegradable so those bottles just sit in landfills and take up space all while leaching chemicals into the Earth! Drinking tap water is a million (maybe not a million but I did read once that it is about 1000) times cheaper than drinking bottled water.

I could go on and on but you get the point. Plastic water bottles are bad for our bodies and bad for the Earth so why not make the switch to glass? I'm obsessed with my Life Factory bottles. They even have baby bottles and kid sized bottles! If you're interested you can check out their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!