Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hydrating Carrot Mask

For a lot of people, myself included, fall and winter tends to lead to dry (or dryer than normal) skin. I always amp up my facial routine during the colder months and use creamier cleanser, thicker moisturizers, and moisture infusing masks and treatments. If you have oily skin, today's recipe is not for you. If you need a hydrating and nourishing facial mask then look no further!


Combine the yolk with the carrot and apply the mixture to your face. Massage it into your skin and let it sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off with warm water. Make sure to use your favorite moisturizer afterwards to lock in the benefits of the mask.

4 comments:

  1. I have a couple questions. Will this turn your skin orange (like carrots typically do) and how often can you or should you do it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, it shouldn't turn your skin orange if you use it sparingly. If you were to use it a lot, like daily, it would probably change your skin tone. I only use this when my skin is feeling really dehydrated and dry. Only you know your skin so you need to test it out and see how your skin reacts and go from there. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, this seems super nice! Thanks for sharing c:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a nice post
    Thanks for this <3

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!