Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Skin Clearing Facial

It's been a while since I've talked about the skin benefits of apple cider vinegar, but if you've been with me since the beginning you remember how much I love the magical, amber colored liquid for toning and taming breakouts as well as using to clean nails before a manicure or using it as a rinse for hair. Since I've had several readers asking for DIY recipes that are perfect for oily and acne prone skin, I figured now was the perfect time to bust out ACV again.

The three, simple ingredients in this recipe combine to create a nourishing, anti-inflammatory, and antibacterial mask so it's perfect for using on blemished skin. It's also good for those of us who want to clarify our skin. Be sure to patch test this mask (like all masks, treatments, and scrubs) before applying to your face.


This mask is supposed to be a bit runny so you may need to adjust the ingredients until you have a consistency you're happy with. Once you have the consistency you desire, apply to a clean face. Let the mask sit for 20-30 minutes before rinsing off with water. Be sure to follow up with your favorite moisturizer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!