Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Talk About It - Pomegranate Nail Lacquer

Happy Halloween Beauties! I have another nail polish review for you today. I recently discovered Pomegranate Nail Lacquer and I absolutely love their shades and formulations. Pomegranate Nail Lacquers are 4-free (meaning no toluene, formaldehyde, DBP or camphor) and cruelty free. Another important selling point is that their polish is made in the USA and retails for $9.

I always talk about how there is no such thing as natural nail polish and I couldn't have said it any better than Pomegranate did on their website, "Our nail polish contains the same ingredients as many brands that claim to be organic, vegan, natural or eco-friendly. We prefer not to use these terms to describe our brand as we believe they can be misleading. The industry strives to make nail polish that is as safe as possible, but it's still a long way from being natural!"

Before I get into talking about the individual polishes I picked out I want to talk about the formula. The formula of both polishes I tried is incredibly smooth, easy to apply, and flawless. The formula is neither thick nor thin, which makes it a dream to apply. I have also found that Pomegranates nail polish is superbly longwearing. I also really appreciate the high-shine finish that each of these polishes have.


I got to pick out two polishes, both of which are from their newest collection for fall. The Fall 2012 Collection features 7 stunning shades that are perfect for Autumn, one of which is named after the season itself. Autumnesque is a gorgeous golden pinky copper color. It's a bit hard to describe since it's so unique. The hue of this polish is reminiscent of the changing leaves of the season. I knew I had to try this one when I saw it on the website. I believe this particular polish will look amazing on all skin tones since it's super flattering!


The other shade I picked is Improv Show, which is a dark purple with multicolored shimmer. Inside each bottle of Improv Show lies tons and tons of blue, pink, and silver shimmer. The base color of this polish is the most perfect purple for fall and the shimmer adds something extra special to the mix. I don't usually gravitate towards polishes like this but have fallen madly in love with this one. I've been wearing it on my toes since it arrived in the mail. Improv Show is the perfect mixture of Vampy, feminine, classic and trendy.


To learn more about the company or to purchase your choice of polish you can visit Pomegranate Nail Lacquers website. You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter.

I hope that no matter what your plans are for this evening that you stay safe and warm while having tons of fun. I'm planning on staying home and watching spooky movies all night! See you all soon!

1 comment:

  1. Even I was trying to find a completely organic nail polish only to realize it's not possible
    I go in for 5-free now

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!