Thursday, October 11, 2012

Talk About It - Red Apple Lipstick

Fall is the perfect time to play around with makeup. Bolder lips and darker eyes are fun ways to experiment with new looks and I recently got to try a couple of products from Red Apple Lipsticks. I got to pick two products to try so I chose one lipstick (the companies name is Red Apple Lipsticks so I didn't want to skip trying one of their lip products) and an eye shadow. I know you Beauties have been asking me to do more makeup reviews so here it is!

Red Apple Lipstick was created by Texan Jay Adam Harper in 2007 and has only grown since then. All of Harper's products are completely safe and healthy, meaning they are free from parabens, gluten, lead, soy and animal byproducts. Are they also cruelty free and made in the US? You betcha!

The lipstick I selected is Strawberry Lips, which is a gorgeous muted red with a touch of brown in it. It is glitter and shimmer free, which is my preferred type of lipstick finish, although it does have a very subtle shine to it. This shade is wonderfully buildable. It can be worn as a pretty dark pink or a deeper red, with each layer making the look darker. I'm not sure if what I'm about to say is going to make any sense at all but I consider this shade to be a nude red. It's almost the color of my lips, but richer. I can see why this is one of their best sellers! Also, Strawberry Lips is the perfect name for this one since it is reminiscent of the color of ripe strawberries.



As for the formula, you know how sensitive my lips are and this lipstick irritates them a bit but it isn't my typical full-blown reaction so I'm not sure what's going on. My lips are so weird! Anyway, this lipstick is easy to apply and wear. It's not superbly moisturizing but it's not drying either and it's comfortable on the lips. I like wearing it with a balm underneath (which is something I do with most lipsticks).



If you're curious about the ingredients, the following are what make up the lipstick: Ricinus Communis, Candelilla Wax, Shea Butter, Oleic/Linoleic/Linolenic Polyglycerides, Carnauba Wax, Cera Alba, Sesame Seed Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate from an all natural non gluten source, Almond Oil , Tangerine Peel Oil, Essence of Vanilla, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide ,Manganese Violet, Mica, Iron Oxide.

The star of the show for me is the Red Apple Lipstick Eye Shadow I tried. I chose Twinkle Taupe and I couldn't be happier with my choice. It's an absolutely stunning shade that is a must have in any makeup lovers collection. It is described by the company as a "plum based bronze". It is the perfect shade for amping up any neutral look. It's extremely wearable and flattering. It has a satin finish so it's suitable for all ages. The formula of this shadow is lovely. It's smooth, pigmented, longwearing, and easy to blend. The slogan on the back of the packaging says "Gluten Free Mineral Eye Shadow That Totally Rocks" and I couldn't agree more. This eye shadow really does rock!
The eye shadow is made with: Mica, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Ascorbyl Palmitate. May contain iron oxides, titanium dioxide, chromium, green, and ultra marines.

(Strawberry Lips - 1 coat, Strawberry Lips - 3 Coats, Twinkle Taupe)

You can learn more about the company or the produts by clicking here. You can also check out the many different shades they have available and purchase your favorites on their website.

3 comments:

  1. I love that lipstick and the brown eyeshadow too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lipstick color! Did you need to put on chapstick up under it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. KassieOfBeautifulBasicsApril 5, 2014 at 7:58 PM

    Hi CurlyGirl7! I didn't put on a balm for the photo but I always wear something under lipstick for daily use. I just prefer having a barrier because I have very sensitive lips.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading Beautiful Basics and commenting! I will be sure to respond as soon as I can!